пн, 3 апр. 2023 г. в 12:29, David Christensen <dpchr...@holgerdanske.com>:

> On 4/2/23 23:48, Stanislav Vlasov wrote:
> > пн, 3 апр. 2023 г. в 09:23, <cor...@free.fr>:
> >> I think python3 is much different to python2, but it's still naming as
> >> python.
> >
> > Not so much different as perl5 vs raku. I'm not a programmer, but can
> > write large (more than 10kB) scripth, which can run with python2 or
> > python3 on different systems.
> > And I saw perl5 scripts from past (about 5.6 or lower), which can't
> > run on perl5 from current (5.22 or so at the moment).
> The latest Perl stable release is 5.36.0:

i know, version 5.22 - time mark, when i meet old script.

> Perl has become
> faster and more robust over the years, and the syntax checking,
> warnings, error messages, and documentation have improved.

yes, but how about something like python's pep8/flake8 or any other
clean code guide for newbie?
Sometimes more than one way will be disadvantage.

For short, simple and selfdocumented scripts using perl is a best way,
but for something more complicated... Only if can't use something
other.

Also I will not recommend perl as first language. Only after python
and C (or any other low level compiling lang).
'There is more than one way' is good, but not for real newbie.

--
Stanislav