On Sun, 9 Apr 2023 David Wright wrote:
On Sun 09 Apr 2023 at 21:48:22 (+0200), zithro wrote:
[Previously David "Between-the-Lines" Wright wrote:]
IOW, while I run crontab -e on bookworm, inside my emacs session,
I want a subshell to run crontab -l, but the latter has to run on
bullseye in order to pick up the old crontab. I'm not sure how I
would do that.

"So it's a good thing I don't need to, since I've got all the
materials I need in my home directory, under ~/.cron"

Try running :
ssh user@bullseye crontab -l

It will locally list the crontab from remote user "user".

Note I've never used emacs, so dunno if ssh is allowed !

I too saw a plea for halp at first. At first I was derping out a reply
"Well David, since the bullseye system isn't running, you just
mount..."

But nope. Mirage!

Just rhetorical puzzlement implying an unspoken conclusion: "And
*that's* why we keep all the cron things on our home partition."

--
Hackers are free people. They are like artists. If they are in a good
mood, they get up in the morning and begin painting their pictures.