David Christensen wrote:
> Please describe your use-case(s), what the requirements are and why, and
> how Git is failing.

  i require maintaining an accurate record of the
file and it's attributes - i consider that a part of
the reason the file exists to begin with (otherwise
why have a different file at all?).

  if you change a file, do a git commit then go back
later and do a git restore of a different version it
will not restore the file attributes of that version.
so while i expect to see the right date and time
stamp on a file that has been restored it isn't what
happens.

  and no, i don't considering catering to make being
broken or needing to use a time stamp to keep track
of changed file a requirement, if i personally need
to rebuild a project and i'm using git i would make
sure to have things properly cleaned up so that it
would work without me having to not properly record
the file attributes (or to restore them if i need to
use a different version).

  in my recent case of git screwing me over i had a
series of files in several directories all with proper
dates and time stamps and i forgot about git being a
git and did a git restore and every subdirectory was
corrupted and i had to go back and restore them
again (and then i removed that project from using git
so i'd not do it again).

  songbird