> Yes, I did. I had to reset the BIOS to "factory settings" which also
> changed the clock time which then I couldn't change with hwclock ...

 "Another day another problem": computer clock back to BIOS factory settings

 Your Computer Clock is Wrong:
 Your computer thinks it is 8/7/2022, which prevents Firefox from
connecting securely. To visit www.google.com, update your computer
clock in your system settings to the current date, time, and time
zone, and then refresh www.google.com.
 www.google.com has a security policy called HTTP Strict Transport
Security (HSTS), which means that Firefox can only connect to it
securely. You can’t add an exception to visit this site.
~
 In case someone runs into the same problem, for some reason I can't
quite understand "sudo hwclock --set" wasn't working. Someone helped
me:

 https://manpages.debian.org/stretch/util-linux/hwclock.8.en.html
 https://wiki.debian.org/DateTime

 and "date" worked! Which I has always taken to be a wrapper command to hwclock!

$ date
Sun 07 Aug 2022 01:35:45 PM UTC

$ sudo date --set "2023-05-16 11:13:00 AM"
Tue 16 May 2023 11:13:00 AM UTC

$ sudo hwclock --get
2022-05-11 02:02:36.883165+00:00

$ sudo hwclock --systohc