On 5/17/23, Jeffrey Walton <noloa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 17, 2023 at 1:06 PM Dan Ritter <d...@randomstring.org> wrote:
>> Albretch Mueller wrote:
>> Assuming you have network access close to boot time, you might
>> want to run an NTP daemon to get the time from a selection of
>> other servers.
> Nowadays, time is something that can be handled locally with a Gossip
> protocol. Let your watch or phone or television or toaster tell your
> computer what time it is. No need for a remote call to a server.
>
>> Debian runs a pool, which is configured by default in ntp-server
>> and chrony, at least.

 I have to use a Debian Live DVD to access the Internet; so, probably
these utilities should be included. I can't entertain functional
illusions about taking care of my business in any other way. It is
thoroughly annoying and time wasting, but you also "live and learn". I
have been running dmesg and comparing its output as I access the
Internet (all problems go away when you close all browser windows and
disconnect yourself from the Internet) one of their jokes is making
the hard drive crazily rev and then you find the message:

 [70778.162999] Thunar[1669]: segfault at 48 ip 000055a03faca360 sp
00007ffc52dc2088 error 4 in thunar[55a03fa9f000+7f000]

 When our AI-based "Miss Information" Godmother gets angry with you ;-)

 They are even able to change BIOS settings while your computer is
running through your browser!

// __ List BIOS Settings using PowerShell (Posted onJune 22, 2016AuthorMrNetTek)

 http://eddiejackson.net/wp/?p=10909
~
 so, at some point I will have to get diffable dumps of the BIOS in
addition to running diffing the output of dmesg.

 The main problems I am having are brought about by:

 1) the BIOS of the laptop I use these days having wireless networking
which is started by the BIOS (at some point I will try dealing with
that by disconnecting the built-in hardware). In the ways I understand
"reality" (and "quid est verum?", right?) the BIOS should not be
taking care of networking, "have a mind of its own";

 2) javascript is the main attacking framework used by "the
government" and how can you use the Internet these days with
javascript disabled? (it would be like trying to breathe underwater)

 3) "the government" is using AI for their societally-wide
Zersetzung-like "social control" (as "good Christian" "freedom lovers"
call -repression-)

 How do I know, am so sure about it? Well, this is a pattern that I
have been noticing for 30 years I have lived in "'the' land of 'the'
'free' ...": you post an "unAmerican" comment (here in the U.S. you
can say "eff 'the establishment' ..." and no one cares about it, in
fact, you didn't say anything even in a physical/acoustic sense, but
in a "lexical priming" kind of way, if you elaborate on your
statements even if in a jestful way, "patriots"/their "'patriotic'
'AI'" seem to go crazy about it).

 This is what happened last/this time: you notice the people you get
the news from (I don't watch TV, read newspapers, nor am I on social
networks, ... in fact, I wonder from where people find the time for
such thoroughly stupid, morally debasing pastimes) have been black
holed -again-, to then after some barely sophisticated be found here:

// __ Introducing: Miss Information, Your Fairy Government Godmother

 https://odysee.com/@Odysee:8/missinfo:d
~
 About our new Godmother "Miss Information". Do you remember when she
decided it was about time for "Vladimir Putin" to suicide Michael
Hastings for spreading misinformation?

 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Hastings_(journalist)

 Two days after the crash, the Los Angeles Police Department declared
that there were no signs of foul play.[65] The coroner's report ruled
the death to be an accident.[66] An autopsy showed that the cause of
death was massive blunt force trauma consistent with a high-speed
crash.[66]
~
 I cracked jokes around how unjust and non-sensical was it that that
not only "unAmerican", but also, as if it were not enough, "pro
Russia" "Vladimir Putin" suicided Hastings when all he did was the
same as Biden did only 20 years earlier. Do we need either "Vladimir
Putin" or our, not exactly fair and clarifying government appointed
Godmother?
~
 The aim of that Zersetzung-like (as they "freedom-lovingly" call it
themselves: "relentless pursuit"), which was thoroughly "studied" with
social animals and humans as part of their „Operativer Vorgänge"
("operational procedures") by the East German stasi is not to kill
you, but thoroughly destroy your existence to the point of inducing
the belief in people of committing suicide as a way "not to let them
get you" ... Does it actually work? Well, you don't have to take it
from me; Ian Murdock, Aaron Swartz, Sandra Bland, Myron May, John
McAfee, ... will tell you.

 I know, as some of you have told me, that "the U.S. Constitution
doesn't include any clauses relating to 'privacy'" ..., that "all I am
saying is being archived" ... (yes, "we the people" in the U.S. have
started to talk as if they were telling Soviet-era jokes, very
unfortunately, they have a compromised sense of humor)

 lbrtchx