From: Vincent Lefevre <vinc...@vinc17.net>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2023 12:09:26 +0200
Date: Tue, 16 May 2023 17:19:57 +0530

Dear Mr. Lefevre,

I eventually reached the solution. This email is posted for for all
users searching on
the topic of lxde and autorun applications, commands and scripts.

I studied intelligently. I was led to a conclusion that even a script
file in the file rc.local won't help matters, as GUI (xsession) didn't
exist at the time. The file /etc/systemd/system/rc-local.serviice
doesn't help in this regard.

Nonetheless I learnt a few important commands for the future as follows:
Check if enabled:   sudo systemctl enable rc-local.service
Start Service:  sudo systemctl start rc-local.service

Even with a script in rc.local file to begin mousepad, the report from
status of rc-local.service was:
 May 17 11:29:09 debianLaptopRajib rc.local[1222]: xset:  unable to
open display ""

Your lines were good for GUI applications. But one didn't help in case
of commands or scripts. The solution is using the line "@lxterminal -e
~/.config/autostart.sh" in
"/home/rajib/.config/lxsession/LXDE/autostart". But the line "@sh
~/.config/autostart.sh" won't work. Neither would commands with sh.

Have SOLVED my current need.

@lxterminal -e xset dpms force off
@lxterminal -e path/script file
@mousepad
@claws-mail

Thank you, Mr. Lefevre. Thank you, Mr. Brinkhaus, Mr. Nikulin, and all
who really considered my queries worthwhile by trying to step in to my
shoes to address them using their experiences.

Best wishes,
Rajib