On Mon, 12 Jun 2023 21:06:06 +0100
Mick Ab <recoverymail123...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have seen the dmidecode command being used, but the reliability of
> the information returned is not reliable.
>
> Is there any command that will reliably give the required RAM
> information ?

Any tool, dmidecode included, is no better than the date it operates
on. If dmidecode is returning bogus data, so will any other tool.

Dmidecode relies on information in ROM. Your alternatives are:

* A physical inventory, i.e. shut the machine down, take a screwdriver
  to it, and look at what's in there.

* A program that shuts off virtual memory and does an inventory by
  testing the RAM. And that has its own problems.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/