gene heskett wrote:
> Greetimgs all;
>
> Something wiped my passwd so was forced to install bookworm. This time I
> install both kde and gnome desktops, gnome looks great, just one major
> problem.
>
> Something with "gvfsd-gphoto2 service" in its name is being blamed for
> digiKam being able to see the pix in the camera when a usb cable is
> plugged into it, but prevents digiKam from actually downloading the pix
> using its import menu. So what package or where is that controlled. I
> can kill it with htop, but its magicly restarted by plugging in the
> camera cable. Rendering a 400+ dollar camera into a useless desk ornament.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett.

  yes, i found a similar problem when i was trying to get
pictures off my camera as the device was being grabbed by
something else instead of what i wanted.

  i developed a script to make sure the camera was unmounted
and then remounted where i wanted it.

  i don't have time to break it all out here but the script
is freely available at:

  https://github.com/flowerbug/camera_file

  it uses fusermount, gio and gphoto.

  another script for moving and backing up files that is
for me a second step is at:

  https://github.com/flowerbug/mcol_pictures

  i hope this helps.

  songbird