On 6/26/23 12:18, songbird wrote:
gene heskett wrote:
Greetimgs all;

Something wiped my passwd so was forced to install bookworm. This time I
install both kde and gnome desktops, gnome looks great, just one major
problem.

Something with "gvfsd-gphoto2 service" in its name is being blamed for
digiKam being able to see the pix in the camera when a usb cable is
plugged into it, but prevents digiKam from actually downloading the pix
using its import menu. So what package or where is that controlled. I
can kill it with htop, but its magicly restarted by plugging in the
camera cable. Rendering a 400+ dollar camera into a useless desk ornament.

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.

   yes, i found a similar problem when i was trying to get
pictures off my camera as the device was being grabbed by
something else instead of what i wanted.

   i developed a script to make sure the camera was unmounted
and then remounted where i wanted it.

   i don't have time to break it all out here but the script
is freely available at:

   https://github.com/flowerbug/camera_file

   it uses fusermount, gio and gphoto.

It also deletes the camera's pix as it copies them out. DigiKam doesn't do that so I've always had a backup copy in the camera. So I won't dl this script.

I'd much rather find the real problem and get it fixed.

Thank you Songbird.

   another script for moving and backing up files that is
for me a second step is at:

   https://github.com/flowerbug/mcol_pictures

   i hope this helps.

   songbird