On 6/26/23 23:30, Charles Curley wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jun 2023 14:07:45 -0400
gene heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

that got noisy, I turned on the plugged n camera for about 10 secs:
Jun 26 14:03:41 coyote systemd[2283]:
gvfs-gphoto2-volume-monitor.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

In that case, use

journalctl -f -u gvfs-gphoto2-volume-monitor.service
I ran it as me, not expecting any output because I've chmod -x that file. Only output was the advisory I was only seeing my stuff, which disappeared when I ran it with sudo. But the system-info based popup remains active, so something else is still active.

And let me re-iterate for at least the third time, I can see the pix IN the camera just fine in the digiKam import window, but I cannot download then to my storage in Pictures.

I am beginning to think the gphoto2 thing is a unrelated rabbit hole we are all trapped in.

man journalctl for the gory details.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis