On 8/23/23 11:03, Michael Kjörling wrote:

I don't use roundcube any more. Would it help to uninstall it? Although, at
the moment I have only php5.6 and php8.2 installed. I'm guessing the
bookworm upgrade removed php7.x.
I imagine that uninstalling roundcube won't do anything either way.
However, if it was me, unless there was some compelling reason to keep
it I'd consider uninstalling php5.6 and seeing if that helps.

Can't really help you further at this point because I've never
installed phpmyadmin myself; sorry.

I removed or purged roundecube, squirrelmail, phpmyadmin and every php5* package, then reinstall phpmyadmin. No change.

Silly me though, I see I didn't actually describe the failure when I try to connect to localhost/phpmyadmin. The browser just opens and shows the text of the file /usr/share/phpmyadmin/index.php. Is this a clue?

<?php

declare(strict_types=1);

use PhpMyAdmin\Common;
use PhpMyAdmin\Routing;

if (! defined('ROOT_PATH')) {
     // phpcs:disable PSR1.Files.SideEffects
     define('ROOT_PATH', __DIR__ . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR);
     // phpcs:enable
}

if (PHP_VERSION_ID < 70205) {
PHP_VERSION . '</p>');
}

// phpcs:disable PSR1.Files.SideEffects
define('PHPMYADMIN', true);
// phpcs:enable

require_once ROOT_PATH . 'libraries/constants.php';

/**
  * Activate autoloader
  */
if (! @is_readable(AUTOLOAD_FILE)) {
     die(
readable.</p>'
         . '<p>Most likely you did not run Composer to '
         . '<a
href="https://docs.phpmyadmin.net/en/latest/setup.html#installing-from-git";>'
         . 'install library files</a>.</p>'
     );
}

require AUTOLOAD_FILE;

global $route, $containerBuilder, $request;

Common::run();

$dispatcher = Routing::getDispatcher();
Routing::callControllerForRoute($request, $route, $dispatcher,
$containerBuilder);

Rick