On Fri, 1 Sep 2023 01:10:46 +0800
Wang Yizhen <wang1zhe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> After upgraded to emacs 29.1+1-5, I found that the emacsclient
> command is not working. More specifically, the following command
> hangs emacs in daemon forever and no emacs frame pops up:
>

> ```
>
> emacsclient -c -a "" -n
>
> ```

What exactly are you trying to do?

The customary way to run emacs is to have it open on your desktop. Edit
away. Leave it open so you can come back to it. You generally shouldn't
have more than one emacs process per user.

Having set up to use emacsclient, you (or more likely, programs
you use such as a mail reader) can then call emacsclient so you can then
edit files from that program in emacs. If you do it that way, you don't
get (or need) an instance of emacs in daemon mode.

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Emacs-Server.html

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com