Le 20/09/2023 à 19:17, Timothy M Butterworth a écrit :

On Wed, Sep 20, 2023 at 1:11 PM Michael Kjörling <2695bd53d...@ewoof.net> wrote:

    On 20 Sep 2023 12:06 -0500, from tom.brow...@gmail.com (Tom Browder):
    > One major thing I use my windows host for is using my HP
    multifunction
    > laser printer to scan to pdf to save locally.  I have just installed
    > gscan2pdf and sane but I am still missing something.
    >
    > I have tried printing docs from LibreOffice and it sees my networked
    > printer and prints just fine.
    >
    > So how can I get my Debuian host to see and use the scanner part?

When I used to use HP MFD's I used to have to connect to it with USB to get scanning. I do not know if network scanning is now supported or not.

    "HP multifunction laser printer" would still encompass a fair number
    of products. Can you be more specific?

-- Michael Kjörling                     🔗 https://michael.kjorling.se
    “Remember when, on the Internet, nobody cared that you were a dog?”

I have a HP LaserJet Pro MFP m125nw, installing it through hplip, It is seen on network by xsane and I can scan. Just have to install a binary blob each time hplip is upgraded, but it is rather straightforward

--
Erwan David