On Fri, Sep 29, 2023 at 10:50:37AM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> Stefan wrote:
> >> With outdated keys secure boot does not protect you.
> >
> >Just to clarify: in 99.99% of the cases, SecureBoot does not protect you
> >(and is not designed to protect you either).
>
> Sigh. Lose the misinformation crap, please. It's getting tedious.

He-said-she-said.

JFTR. I don't know about the exact number, but I tend to agree with
Stefan here. But since we aren't exchanging arguments but just ready
made conclusions, the discussion doesn't lead anywhere.

One thing we can agree, though, may be that secure boot gives more
control of the platform to the hardware maker (who, after all is
the one choosing the TPM and the firmware going in and around there).

Whether the hardware maker is your ally, Microsoft's ally or Google's
ally (or Netflix or who-the-devil-knows) is another long and winding
discussion. I tend to think that Microsoft is higher up that list
than you & me.

Cheers