Hello,

On Sun, Oct 22, 2023 at 10:33:47PM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> On 10/22/23 20:48, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> > Any issues you've encountered have been the result of misconfiguration.
> > You have repeatedly shown errors in your config files, and once those
> > have been corrected, everything has worked as expected.
>
> This is generally true, Greg, and I get that, but every new version, which
> should just continue what works, doesn't cuz somebody moved a config file

I'm afraid that *you* are the person who has moved or broken your
config files with relation to name resolution in every case you've
ever described here. All of it has been user error. You've never yet
shown an example of any change designed to make hosts files work
less well (or not at all). That is just a belief you have and
continue to state as if it's fact, but at no time has it stood up to
scrutiny.

Those reading this later need to believe Greg's statements and not
Gene's.

Thanks,
Andy