On 30/10/2023 18:56, Van Snyder wrote:
Firefox, in every version I've used so far, appears to have memory
leaks. If I kill it, not by clicking its little "X" or Alt-F4, but with
"kill -9", so that it reopens everything when I restart it, my memory
usage immediately drops by 75%. Then it creeps back up.

Firefox doesn't have any memory leaks. It actively uses buffers, cache,
filling available memory. I have Firefox running for days, sometimes
weeks. On slow laptop, and fast workstation PC. Same result, no crashes,
no memory leaks.

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀