m...@dorfdsl.de wrote:
>Am 06.01.2024 um 10:46:56 Uhr schrieb Leandro Noferini:
>
>> In my Asus EEEPC (X205TA) the bios/uefi is 32 bit but the processor is
>> 64 so you need only the grub 32 bit but the remaining of the operative
>> system, including kernel, is 64 bit.
>
>There was another thread (maybe on debian-users-german?) discussing
>that and Debian 12 doesn't ship multiarch installers, so it will be a
>bit harder to make it work with 32 bit UEFI.

The amd64 installation media now includes the bits needed to start the
installer on mixed-mode UEFI systems like the Bay Trail platform in
the X205TA. I still have an old mixed-moded Apple Imac that works that
way as a test machine.

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                st...@einval.com
Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,