Hi Gene,

Am 07.01.2024 um 20:51 schrieb gene heskett:
On 1/7/24 10:48, Max Nikulin wrote:
systemd-timesyncd is a NTP-client, not a server. It is shipped with man pages and works out of the box (of course, if network is properly configured).

Is it supposed to be installed by the net-installer? There does not seem to be any man pages other than the bog std stuff. When I found the /etc/systemd/timesyncd I immediately asked the system for man timesyncd, got this:
gene@coyote:/etc$ man timesyncd
No manual entry for timesyncd

I can not even guess what you did with your installation... here, boring bookworm installation, not caring much about which ntp software I use:

$ apropos timesyncd
systemd-timesyncd (8) - Synchronisierung der Netzwerkzeit
systemd-timesyncd.service (8) - Synchronisierung der Netzwerkzeit
timesyncd.conf (5) - Konfigurationsdateien für die Netzwerkzeitsynchronisierung timesyncd.conf.d (5) - Konfigurationsdateien für die Netzwerkzeitsynchronisierung

Of course all in German here with my desktop.

I'll not comment time zone settings or vaccinations, but I find many things that seem execeptionally difficult for you to just work for me.

Cheers,

Arno

--
Arno Lehmann