On Mon, 8 Jan 2024 21:09:54 +0000
Michael Kjörling <2695bd53d...@ewoof.net> wrote:

Hello Michael,

>Alternatively, they also offer SanDisk SDXC 128 GB memory cards at $14
>a piece. One such will easily hold 1000 CDs at near-CD quality MP3.

Depends;  I ended up buying three smaller sticks, because the
limitations of the file system meant that the File Allocation Table
got filled up waaaay before the larger capacity memory sticks did.  I
would point out that, since the sticks were bought for use in my car,
reformatting to ext4 (for example) was not an option.

Even with the smaller sticks, I had to use all upper case, and stick to
8.3 names for the files, otherwise the FAT still got overloaded.

Of course, if you're going to reformat the sticks then the foregoing
issues are moot.

--
 Regards  _       "Valid sig separator is {dash}{dash}{space}"
         / )      "The blindingly obvious is never immediately apparent"