On 1/9/24 12:53, Andy Smith wrote:
Hello,

On Tue, Jan 09, 2024 at 11:30:52AM +1000, David wrote:
Perhaps the Debian Project, represented in the media as `an
unaccountable collective of hackers', will be next.

Debian doesn't sell any products or services and doesn't take
donations; the organisations that take donations on Debian's behalf
are accountable. They file their tax returns etc.

That is probably true. But does it have to be so secretive?

This thread has already descended into a "debate" on the gold
standard and American imperialism. It would be great if people could
try to keep it at least vaguely related to Debian.

I don't think that extending of the ladder up the side of the hog that feeds the people who do the work, is off topic. From the remarks my original post has generated, it is obvious we could build that ladder easier w/o paypal blocking the way to take their %... TANSTAAFL.
Thanks,
Andy

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)