Hello,

>> I'd just suggest checking with the PuTTY team before hand if they'd be
>> interested in adding the functionality. Sure, a ready-to-apply patch
>> increases the chances, but this seems like a very specific feature that
>> very few people seem to need, so they might not want to add extra
>> complexity to the software.

You raise a valid point, and I appreciate your input. Before proceeding with
any development or prototype, it would indeed be wise to reach out to the PuTTY
team to gauge their interest in adding this specific functionality.
Understanding their perspective on its relevance and complexity is crucial.

I've already made initial contact but I'm still waiting for their response.
I'll continue to pursue this avenue in the hope of receiving a response and
initiating a dialogue. Thank you for highlighting this aspect of the process.

Best Regards,
Thierry