On Sun, Jan 14, 2024 at 12:31:57AM +0000, phoebus phoebus wrote:
> Yes, that's the basic concept, but it's even more intricate. The application
> continuously monitors what it receives from the terminal with regular
> interval checks (in milliseconds) and makes decisions based on rules. These
> decisions include sending commands to the printer, analyzing the responses,
> taking user actions, and even restricting user input in certain menu or
> submenu areas of the screen. However, I have a high-level understanding of
> this process as I'm not part of the application development team to delve
> into the finer details.

More elephant parts. *shakes head*

At this point, I don't think you're talking to the right mailing list.
We're just Debian users.  Clearly we don't know of any terminal
emulators that do what you want.  (I assume you've already looked at
kermit, and found it lacking... yes?  OK then.)

If you need new features to be added to an existing Free terminal
emulator, or even to have a whole new one developed from the ground up,
this is not the mailing list for that.  Find the project that comes
closest to your needs, and talk to the developers of that project.