> Thank you for your suggestion. As I mentioned earlier, our development team
> primarily focuses on the server-side application and is not competent to
> modify the client-side emulator, which is crucial in our case. They have
> already examined the PuTTY source code and confirmed that this type of
> development is beyond their expertise.

The description of what the terminal emulator is expected to do is
reasonably simple that anyone who has a bit of familiarity with the
implementation of a terminal emulator should be able to add such
a feature fairly quickly.

Admittedly, the bidirectional part means there can be tricky issue when
the user hits keys at the same time as the printer sends information
back, but I'd suggest you try and contact various terminal emulator
teams to see if someone would be interested (I'm thinking of people who
worked on PuTTY or derivatives (Le PuTTY and TuTTY seem quite relevant,
for example), or things like libvterm, ...).  Even if the corresponding
doesn't necessarily make it upstream, it's probably a better investment
than paying for the license of a proprietary product which will force
you into the same problem again a few years down the road.

        Stefan