On 2024-02-26 20:43, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Mon, Feb 26, 2024 at 08:28:01PM -0500, Gary Dale wrote:
$locale
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file
or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such
file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
LANG=iu_CA.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=en_GB
LC_CTYPE="iu_CA.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC=en_CA.UTF-8
LC_TIME=en_CA.UTF-8
LC_COLLATE=en_CA.UTF-8
LC_MONETARY=en_CA.UTF-8
LC_MESSAGES="iu_CA.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="iu_CA.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="iu_CA.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="iu_CA.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="iu_CA.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT=en_CA.UTF-8
LC_IDENTIFICATION="iu_CA.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=
You've got three different locales mentioned here:

iu_CA.UTF-8
en_GB
en_CA.UTF-8

# locale -a
C.utf8
en_CA.utf8
en_US.utf8
fr_CA.utf8
POSIX
Out of the three that you're trying to use, only one has been generated.

Either generate the two that you're missing, or stop using them.

I'm trying to stop using them. That's the point. How do I get rid of them? They show up no matter how many times I reconfigure my locales.