Debian Users,

In my ongoing mission for precise package management,
I embarked on a quest to swiftly locate all installed packages dependent on
/mysql-server/.
Swift reconnaissance led me to /aptitude/, our stalwart ally in the Debian
arsenal.
Executing a tactical maneuver akin to this:
|# aptitude search "~i ~Rmysql-server"|

Unveiled a battalion of installed packages,
seemingly unrelated to mysql-server,
including /adduser/, /debconf/, and others of varying ranks.

Harboring suspicions about certain results like /psmisc/,
I executed a reverse probe using the /apt-cache/ command:
|# apt-cache depends psmisc|

Conclusively, /mysql-server/ did not appear in /psmisc/'s dependency roster.
Yet, in the face of this operation at the Debian Vanguard, doubts linger.
I seek counsel from the esteemed Debian fraternity.
What subtleties evade our grasp?

Awaiting your insight and wisdom.
Best,

--