On Fri, May 24, 2024 at 11:45:56AM -0400, Paul M Foster wrote:
> Folks:

[...]

> If I send an email directly to pa...@yosemite.mars.lan from buckaroo, it
> arrives. That means this config can do what it's designed to do, basically.
> However, mails to "root" on buckaroo don't get to yosemite. They should,
> because my /etc/aliases table looks like this:
>
> ---
> root    pa...@yosemite.mars.lan
> ---

Still out of my depth with OpenSMTPD, but... good ol' aliases,of sendmail
lore would have a colon after the "root" up there. The MTAs I know of
all have inherited that.

And... if your MTA distro came with a command "newaliases" try running
that. Many MTAs like to look things up in a hashed version of the textual
file.

Cheers