On 5/29/24 13:34, Monte Milanuk wrote:
SyncThing

On 5/29/24 07:07, Carter Zhang wrote:
Are there any free apps for GNU/Linux and Android to share files over LAN? There have already been LocalSend, LanXchange, LANDrop, NitroShare, Sharik, Warpinator, TrebleShot, but they have respective problems.

So does sshfs, but its free, and it just works. I regularly move <1 to 60 gigabyte gcode files to my printers with it. The occasional 30 to 60 gigger gets moved to a pi clone over cat5-6 in 2 to 4 seconds. I don't know why folks think they have to have an ap for something so simple as moving a file. sshfs mounts the target device as if its a storage disk. But since its ssh based, its also encrypted, making it relatively safe from wifi snoopers. rsync operates much the same but uses checksums to verify the copy is verbatum.

Cheers, Gene Heskett, CET.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis