Hi folks,

I am running into an issue, I can not explain.

Let me please shortly describe:

For my own purposes I am building a live-debian ISO with installer. As I am
finetuning some things (not related to the system itself), I am building
several ISOs a day.

The live-build is set to bookworm (not bullseye, as lb config does).

However, everything is going fine., the live-system is booting well.

But: When I want to install it, the installer always breaks, when it wants to
install grub. (grub-installer fails).

As I am doing always a fresh install with completely formatting the harddrive,
it can not be explained, why this happens.

And more strange: When I build one version, it is working well. Changing
nothing, and building again, suddenly the installer crashes at grub
installation and then it will never work again.

To declare: I can build several times, and every installation is working well,
and suddenly without any reason, it breakes. Doing then using one version
before (the last one, which worked well), it is still working, but the next
build is crashing.

Ok, I think you understood, what I meant. Well, one reason I could imagine,
that the debian mirror, I add during installation process is changing. I am
using "deb.debian.org", but when using another mirror in my near, I am running
into the same issue.

I also tried to install grub manually in the console during installation
process, using "grub-installer /target", but this did neither work nor show
much usefull information.

Any idea, why this is happening? I saw similar messages in some forums, but
they are all related to Debian 10, which is rather old (and I suppose, these
bugs are fixed).

Thanks for any hints and help!

Best regards

Hans