Best question probably is: what exactly are you needing 14.000 mounts for?
Even snaps shouldn't be that ridiculous. So what's your use case? Maybe
there's a better solution to what you are doing. If it's just about having
a place that is rw only without execution permissions, just crate a
separate partition, mount it somewhere - e.g. /home/test/mounts and tell
mount/fstab to use the option noexec. No need for for your script. Or if
it's a more advanced file system like btrfs you may be able to simply
create a subvolume with the same capabilities, no need to tinker around
with partitions.

It's true this issue should be looked into, but it doesn't look urgent as
long as there are alternatives.

Richard