On 6/19/24 08:04, Heriberto Avelino wrote:
Dear all:
Is it possible to mount an external hard drive while running Debian in
rescue mode?

Yes.

Furthermore, the ultimate question is how could I copy folders from the
computer's hard drive to the external one while in rescue mode?
Many thanks!!
Heriberto

This is how I start a rescue shell using debian-11.9.0-amd64-netboot media:

    Debian GNU/Linux installer menu (BIOS mode) -> Advanced options
    Advanced options -> Rescue mode
    Language -> C
    Continent or region -> North America
    Country, territory or area -> United States
    Keymap -> American English
    Hostname -> debianrescue
    Domain name -> tracy.holgerdanske.com
    Select your time zone -> Pacific
    Passphrase for /dev/sda3 -> <empty> -> Continue
    Device to use as a root file system -> Do not use a root file system
    Rescue operations -> Execute a shell in the installer environment
    Executing a shell -> Continue

Once busybox(1) is running, you can issue mount(8) and cp(1) commands similar to using a shell.

David