On Fri, Jun 28, 2024 at 04:27:16PM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > I’ve been tryed to boot a flash usb with Parrot and balenaEtcher but gives
> > error is there another app for to boot a flash usb but not the rufus app?
>
> Despite some rumors, people here aren't any more clairvoyant than elsewhere.
>
> So you'll probably get better answers if you provide more details, such
> as the actual errors you see, the specific way you "flashed" the USB
> key, precisely what it is you flashed onto that key, what machine you're
> trying to boot, and/or how exactly you tried to boot with that flashed
> USB key.

Parrot Security (and therefore ParrotOS) is not Debian, it's based on
Debian. As such, the answer you get is only best endeavours. I have *no*
idea how their images work but Debian images can be copied straight to flash.
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstall

If you're using Rufus - use dd mode to write the disk image to the USB
flash disk.

I'd use the dd command from a Linux box - but that's me, and I'm assuming
you might be starting from a Windows machine.

>         Stefan

With every good wish, as ever,

Andy Cater
(amaca...@debian.org)