Van Snyder composed on 2024-07-05 11:45 (UTC-0700):

> On Fri, 2024-07-05 at 14:07 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:

>> > I'm not able to read this message.

>> Can you suggest to us why you think that might be?

> Because the message was composed in html using a very small font, and
> my mail reader (evolution) automatically prefers to read mail in html.

> I've never before had to make an explicit request to the mail reader to
> switch to plain text, so I haven't taken the trouble to work out how to
> do it. It's easier to ignore messages that are either incompetently or
> intentionally composed so as to be unreadable without special actions
> taken by the recipients.

I don't use Evolution, but I suspect being a Gnome application that it works
like
web browsers, where fonts can be enlarged using Ctrl-+ as many times as it takes
to grow the fonts adequately. Possibly it also has a minimum displayed text size
option as web browsers offer.

Evolution may also be able to do as I have done since last century, starting
with
Netscape 2 email, then Netscape 3 email, then Netscape 4 email, then Mozilla
email, and eventually as now, SeaMonkey, the replacement name for Mozilla. That
is, to set select mail reading in plain text only mode via menu option

        view message body as plain text

Sometimes email is sent in multipart with no plain text content. Unless those
come
from doctors or financial institutions, I consider them spam and delete without
attempting to read any included content. When necessary, I temporarily switch
from
view message body as plain text to as simple HTML.
--
Evolution as taught in public schools is, like religion,
        based on faith, not based on science.

Felix Miata