On Tue, 09 Jul 2024 18:20:01 +0200, John Hasler <j...@sugarbit.com> wrote:

> I don't think a graphical Usenet client exists but it easily could.
> Even easier might be a browser plugin.

The Pan newsreader does the job nicely and is about as graphical
as you'd want to get.  Although I normally use slrn for Usenet,
I switch to Pan when downloading from binaries groups.  It knits
together multi-part binaries posts (e.g. with yEnc encoding),
and has a nice mechanism for queueing multiple downloads.
I've probably downloaded a terabyte or two with it.

http://pan.rebelbase.com

--
/~\  Charlie Gibbs                  |  We'll go down in history as
\ /  <cgibbs@kltpzyxm.invalid>      |  the first society that wouldn't