Adam Weremczuk wrote:
> I'm using Postfix and this all that was needed:
>
> /etc/hosts
> 1.2.3.4       example.com
>
> /etc/postfix/main.cf
> disable_dns_lookups = yes
> smtp_host_lookup = native

It's probably worth noting that `disable_dns_lookups` has
been deprecated for a long time.  The postconf(5) man page
says:

    As of Postfix 2.11, this parameter is deprecated; use
    smtp_dns_support_level instead.

(Debian 12 has postfix-3.7.11; well past postfix-2.11.)

I don't know if `smtp_dns_support_level` is needed at all
with `smtp_host_lookup = native`.  I've never run an MTA
where I wanted DNS lookups disabled, so I don't have any
direct experience.

If it is needed, you'd surely be better off avoiding the
long-deprecated `disable_dns_lookups` parameter which will
just set you up for failure with some future update.

--
Todd