On Tue, Jul 16, 2024 at 11:52:29AM -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 16, 2024 at 22:21:23 +0700, Max Nikulin wrote:
> > Greg, do you have an example when Environment= in service.d works, but an
> > environment.d file does not?
>
> Oh gods, there's MORE shit to worry about??  Of course there is.
> Bloody hell.

[...]

> For anyone reading this in the archives, out of context, please note that
> the contents of these files *do not* apply to user logins.  They only
> apply to programs started by the systemd --user daemon.

Thanks for the interested read.

It reminds me of the horror stories we told each other when 14 or so, at
the campfire.

Somehow I'm glad I stayed away from DEs and systemd up to now. Perhaps I
just retire before the alternatives aren't viable anymore. Or perhaps, as
with PulseAudio, I can leapfrog that "tech".

(The most probable outcome though is even less rosy: everything'll run in
the browser, and Secure Boot will make sure that your hardware refuses to
run anything else, because the chips are sponsored by the Ad Industry.

Oh, well).

Cheers