On 16/07/2024 08:34, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Tue, Jul 16, 2024 at 08:02:45 +0700, Max Nikulin wrote:

systemd.exec(5)

UMask=
[...]
[5] refers to <https://systemd.io/USER_RECORD>.

I do not have systemd-homed running (minimal KDE). I have no idea concerning default Gnome installation. My expectation that is should solve various issues with per-user encrypted directories and may be suitable for remote home directories.

https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/16963#issuecomment-689656886
mkdir -p /etc/systemd/system/user@1000.service.d
cat >  /etc/systemd/system/user@1000.service.d/umask.conf<<EOF
[Service]
UMask=0007
EOF
systemctl daemon-reload

So, this way requires root privileges as well.

I have naively tried

cat ~/.config/systemd/user/service.d/umask.conf
[Service]
UMask=0007

From xterm and konsole:

umask
0007

It seem creating new files from Dolphin respect the setting as well. I admit I may miss some use case when it is ignored, but at first glance I do not see a clear reason to complain.