On Wednesday, 17 July 2024 01:48:33 BST jeremy ardley wrote:
> On 17/7/24 05:47, DdB wrote:
[snip
> Out of interest I have installed Windows XP under VirtualBox. It runs
> really fast compared to the later bloatware versions of Windows.

I installed XP (SP3) under KVM/QEMU (IDE disk). I wanted to install Win7 but
discovered my Win7 was an upgrade disk. I'd lost the XP key. Fortunately
copious amount of beer was involved else I'd never have thought of actually
phoning the registration helpline. It worked. This was in the UK, Jan 2nd
2023!

I just fired it up. It does run fast. I never progressed with it as the reason
to have Win7 went away.