On 2024-07-18, Russell L. Harris <russ...@rlharris.org> wrote:

> When I try to visit www.chewy.com a blank page. This is a major pet > supply web site. Other web sites display as usual without problems.
> I phoned CHEWY and they say their system is on-line.
>
> I have tried two different computers and both Firefox and Chromium. I
> updated Debian-12.  I emptied the browser cache.  No change.

I tried accessing it with my main browser, Seamonkey 2.53.18.2.
The page briefly displayed, then blanked out.  Firefox 115.7.0esr
displayed the page properly.  Oddly enough, I tried Seamonkey again
and it worked.  My copy of Seamonkey is using NoScript 5.1.9,
which I often have to disable to display web pages.

For what it's worth, I entered http://www.chewy.com on the address
bar.  On all subsequent attempts, this gets changed to https:.

I'm having this problem on an increasing number of web sites;
I suspect that web page building tools are becoming more and
more hostile toward any browsers except for the anointed few
(Edge and Chrome, plus Safari for the Mac folks).

--
/~\  Charlie Gibbs                  |  We'll go down in history as
\ /  <cgibbs@kltpzyxm.invalid>      |  the first society that wouldn't