On Sun, 21 Jul 2024, Adam Weremczuk wrote:

This is in a way a continuation of my recently "purely local DNS" thread.

To recap: my objective is to send emails to a single domain with both DNS and any other email traffic being disabled.

A simple working solution that I've found for Postfix is:

/etc/hosts
1.2.3.4    example.com

/etc/postfix/main.cf
smtp_dns_support_level = disabled
smtp_host_lookup = native

Now I'm trying to achieve the same thing for Sendmail to no avail.

So far I've tried:

- the above /etc/hosts entry

- DEAMON_OPTIONS(`Port-smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl in sendmail.mc followed by m4 sendmail.mc > sendmail.cf

You can just type make in /etc/mail and dbs will be rebuilt and it will
tell you if you need to reload.

- /etc/mail/mailertable
example.com esmtp:[1.2.3.4]

I use this. Are you missing FEATURE(mailertable)

sendmail.mc:FEATURE(`mailertable',`hash -o /etc/mail/mailertable.db')dnl