gene heskett wrote:
> Un-fortunately, in synaptic, only the first hit seems to have a displayable
> screenshot. All the rest only have an empty box.
>
> So assuming i'm missing the display things, what am I missing?
>
> And assuming I could display them since the first hit seems to have a
> screenshot, which seems to be random tree foliage why are the others a blank
> box?
>
> Using xfce as a desktop.  What do I need to make an $18 supermarket scanner
> read these things for firefox?

The supermarket scanner might not be able to read QR codes; most
supermarkets use UPC and similar 1 dimensional bar codes.

You can encode any text you want into a QR code and save it as
a PNG with the qrencode package.

If you want other barcode formats, the zint package handles
almost all of them, including QR.

You can display the QR code in a terminal with the qrterminal
package -- no X11 or Wayland required.

If you want an X11 program to create and display QR codes,
the qreator package does all of that.

-dsr-