On 7/29/24 21:57, Dan Ritter wrote:
gene heskett wrote:
Un-fortunately, in synaptic, only the first hit seems to have a displayable
screenshot. All the rest only have an empty box.

So assuming i'm missing the display things, what am I missing?

And assuming I could display them since the first hit seems to have a
screenshot, which seems to be random tree foliage why are the others a blank
box?

Using xfce as a desktop.  What do I need to make an $18 supermarket scanner
read these things for firefox?

The supermarket scanner might not be able to read QR codes; most
supermarkets use UPC and similar 1 dimensional bar codes.

You can encode any text you want into a QR code and save it as
a PNG with the qrencode package.

If you want other barcode formats, the zint package handles
almost all of them, including QR.

You can display the QR code in a terminal with the qrterminal
package -- no X11 or Wayland required.

If you want an X11 program to create and display QR codes,
the qreator package does all of that.

-dsr-

This one gives a menu in icons, look like it will work, but reading them before clicking would be the main interest. Thank you a lot.
.

Cheers, Gene Heskett, CET.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis