Hi,

On Fri, Aug 02, 2024 at 02:37:08PM +1000, George at Clug wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 1, 2024 at 7:41 PM George at Clug  wrote:
> > home.arpa
> > see  https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc8375.html
>
> A fairly straight forward statement in this RFC, just not sure if
> I could get used to using .arpa as a suffix. But seems like a
> great choice?

A popular alternative is just buying a domain name and using a
subdomain of it for whatever location(s) you are doing the naming
for.

We have these sprawling threads about choosing local domain names
from time to time and it always seems odd to me that people with
lots of interest in DNS, self-hosting, etc are somehow not willing
to just register a domain or don't have at least one domain already.

Maybe it is my privilege talking to wonder about sums of $5 to $10
US per year.

Thanks,
Andy