On 2024-08-02 14:55:31 +0200, Franco Martelli wrote:
> Sorry but have you read that bug report (#1076561)? Some users has posted
> solutions to make smaller the initrd file:
>
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1076561#10
> and
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1076561#48

Increasing the compression by using lzma with compression level 9
improves the situation (I'm wondering why this isn't the default,
given the fact that many users do not have a large /boot partition)
with no visible drawback. Compression is slower, but this is not
something one does often. However, the initrd.* file is still
significantly larger (by 20 MB) than previously.

And according to the documentation, the difference between
MODULES=most (default) and MODULES=dep concerns the filesystem
and harddrive drivers, while I was concerned by the drivers for
the Nvidia cards.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vinc...@vinc17.net> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>