On Fri, 6 Sep 2024 16:39:46 -0600
Rick Macdonald <rickm...@shaw.ca> wrote:

> Well, this is embarrassing. I found in the bash history that I ran
> this:
>
> apt install -t bookworm-backports linux-image-amd64
> linux-headers-amd64

> Sorry to sound so lame, but I do I remove the backport such that it
> goes back to the stock Bookworm kernel?

No worries; we've all done something similar. Well, except for the
wet-behind-the-ears know-it-alls. But that's why they're
wet-behind-the-ears know-it-alls.

Anyway, I seem to recall doing something like:

apt purge linux-image-amd64 linux-headers-amd64
apt install linux-image-amd64 linux-headers-amd64

You may want an "apt autopurge" in between.

You may also find yourself rebooting and manually purging surplus
kernels and headers packages.
--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com