Charles Curley <charlescur...@charlescurley.com> writes:

> apt purge linux-image-amd64 linux-headers-amd64
> apt install linux-image-amd64 linux-headers-amd64
>
> You may want an "apt autopurge" in between.

That should do it although it's apt autoremove I believe but if not you
can explicitly remove the backport kernel image and headers.

Running dpkg -l linux-headers-\* and dpkg -l linux-image-\* will list
the relevant packages, rows that start with ii mean installed.

Backport kernels will have bpo in the version column and those are the
ones that are from backports and can be removed.