On 16/02/2004, at 6:32 AM, Colin Watson wrote:

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 06:19:55AM +1100, dana sibera wrote:
Is there some central way in debian to build source packages with
certain compiler options forced on?

Try pentium-builder. Despite the name, it can be used for other processors too.

This isn't really a general way to build source packages with different
compiler options, though. Since we're not fundamentally a
users-build-everything-from-source distribution, the consistency we have
among source packages is limited to the dpkg-buildpackage interface
needed by autobuilders for the architectures we support.

I figured it'd be unlikely debian would have (or need) that kind of build flexibility for users, but thought it worth asking anyway - I'm not even going to *begin* thinking of gentoo on a 66MHz 601 =). . However, the pentium-builder idea seems to be doing the trick just fine, so I'll run with that. Curiously its checking for an env variable looks broken here, but it was easy enough to force the option I need in, for now.

Thanks for the speedy answer!

dana
--
http://www.danamania.com/