This weekend I installed a base Debian system using the new installer.  My only
"problem" is after using pppconfig to setup my external modem it will activate the
modem (dial and apparently connect) but I can't get apt-setup to connect to any
sources to download programs.  I "su" in to "pon" my provider, but can't "poff"
without changing into the /usr/sbin/ directory and intitating the command there.

I am wondering if it may have something to do with DHCP that was setup during the
install.  How do I change it to a static IP address and try it that way?  Have others
experienced something similar?

I will Google as time allows today, but I hope someone has some pointers to pass along.

Thanks,
Preston