I'm trying to get a friends Dell laptop up and running.

I ran "aptitude update && aptitude upgrade" this afternoon, and
everything appeared to work/install.

Until I tried to run startx, which gave the "startx not found"

When looking through the installed packages, I noticed that
xbase-clients was not installed.

In attempting to "aptitude install xbase-clients" it claims to be
dependant on libvx1. In trying to get libvx1 installed, it claims to be
conflicting with xlibs.

My question. How do I get xbase-clients installed, so he can resume
using X?

Thanks

--
Rodney D. Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>     Registered Linux User #96112
ICQ#:     AIM#:       YAHOO:

        Ben Franklin - 1759