* Sven Luther <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [060823 15:24]:
 > I'd rather suggest to give a direct hint in time. Like "until etch
> > releases", so that people wanting non-free firmware have to do the
> > techical stuff and not the people wanting control over what their
> > computer do.
>
> Notice that we already did say so before the sarge release, and even had a GR
> about it, and look where we are today.
>
> Should we say until etch is released, just to have to go to another
> GR for etch+1 ?

It's already getting better. Last time it also included things that
are not allowed to be modified. For most things it is only about things
to hard to modify (no source). And for the exception limited to firmware.
(Which I still do not know what it is exactly supposed to say.)

So I really prefer some automatically terminating rule, as most
arguments I have heard about firmware is that the infrastructure is said
to be not yes ready.

Hochachtungsvoll,
        Bernhard R. Link