----- "Johannes Wiedersich" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I would propose to create a new section of the archive, called 'sourceless'
> or such.
> Stuff within this archive doesn't have full sources. It is legally
> distributable and
> follows the DFSG with the only exception of missing sources. On top of the
> DFSG it is
> required that software in 'sourceless' _must not be executed_ on the host CPU.
> 'sourcless' therfore applies to firmware as well as eg. documentation pdfs or
> images
> without source.

For the sake of argument, what if we created a distribution of Debian that only
runs on architectures with more than one CPU. We will designate one of the CPUs
to be the "non-free CPU". This CPU will run all "sourceless" software. For this
distribution we can move all of non-free into the "sourceless" designation
since it does not run on the "host CPU".

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO Brainfood.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.brainfood.com - 214-720-0700 x 315